When it comes to going to the dentist in Markham, many people only do so if they absolutely have to, such as if they’ve developed a cavity or are dealing with some kind of pain or discomfort in their teeth or gums. However, there are optional procedures that are more cosmetic in nature that can be very beneficial as well. Such procedures are known as Cosmetic Dentistry and include teeth whitening, the insertion of veneers, bonding, and the use of clear braces such as the Invisalign product to name a few. The following are a only some examples on the benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry in Markham:
- Improve appearance – Missing, broken, crooked, or discoloured teeth can all hurt your appearance. This, unfortunately, can affect people’s first impression of you. Cosmetic dentistry can address all of these issues in order to improve your facial appearance dramatically.
- Improve self-confidence – You can’t discount the effect of having a beautiful smile. If you have straight, white teeth, you’re more likely to show them off when you smile. People who have cosmetic issues with their teeth tend to hide their smile as a result of being self-conscious. By getting cosmetic dental work done, you can improve your self-confidence significantly.
- Prevent future issues – If you have a missing tooth, then appearance isn’t the only thing you should worry about. The gums are more vulnerable to potential gum diseases when there’s a missing tooth, which is why you should consider a dental implant. Other problems can grow out of minor issues as well. For example, if you have a damaged tooth, a dental crown can help improve its appearance as well as prevent further deterioration.
- Save money – By preventing future issues, investing in cosmetic dentistry now can help to potentially save you a substantial amount of money on dental surgery in the future.
- Improve your ability to eat – A broken or missing tooth can affect the way that you chew your food. Missing teeth can make biting food more uneven, which means that you may not be able to chew properly. As a direct result, digestion can become more difficult.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Markham is by no means superficial. Cosmetic dentistry can help prevent future problems while also improving your self-confidence. If you have any issues with your teeth, whether they are causing physical pain and/or discomfort or not, then you should consider cosmetic dentistry. To schedule a no obligation consultation go ahead and book an appointment today by calling or contacting us, at Cornell Dental Centre.